Click Here to Join or Renew MANA Membership
If you would like to join MANA or renew your membership today, you may pay using PayPal or fill out and snail mail a pdf. PayPal is a well-known and respected method of making and accepting payments over the internet. Perhaps you already have a PayPal account? If not, you can set up your PayPal account at the same time as paying your MANA dues.
Midwives Alliance Membership Comes with Benefits
The Midwives Alliance welcomes all midwives as voting members, and all student midwives, other healthcare providers, and consumers as supporting members. Each member of the Midwives Alliance can enjoy the valuable benefits listed below. As a member of the Midwives Alliance you are promoting the work that supports midwives, women, and babies around the world. This includes preserving the art and science of midwifery, advocating for maternity care policy reform, supporting and unifying midwives, endorsing a woman-centered maternity care model, preserving normal birth practices, raising public awareness about the midwifery model, accessing professional development, participating in data collection and research, addressing social justice issues, and more.
Members and non-members alike benefit from MANA’s multi-level activities, but we need the support of the midwifery community and advocates to make it all happen! Please help us spread the word to midwives in your community and join together as a team to advance the profession of midwifery and health of mothers, babies, families, and communities.
- Coming soon: our new e-news keeping you current on issues and events
- Weekly Constant Contact e-mails with updates and announcements
- Registration discounts for attending the Midwives Alliance Annual Conference
- Access to state-of-the-art data collection tools for your practice, created by our Division of Research
- Access to the members-only area of the Midwives Alliance website (coming very soon)
- Complimentary midwife referral listing on our consumer public education campaign website: www.mothersnaturally.org for members meeting the criteria listed here
- Networking and support within the Student and Midwives of Color Sections
- Information, reports, and advocacy for midwifery legislation
- Participation in the global dialogue on midwifery and maternal child health issues
- Health and liability insurance programs through Southern Cross Insurance Solutions
- Online Marketplace for easy purchase of your favorite MANA items and books
Public awareness of midwifery through:
- Social media dialogue and campaigns
- Consumer resources (Mothersnaturally.org)
- Representation at national health care conferences
- Interaction with the Media and proactive media response
- Creation and maintenance of the largest and most sophisticated database of midwife-led birth in the U.S.
- Representation on the Council of the International Confederation of Midwives and at the triennial ICM Congress
- MANA Annual National Conference bringing together all midwives for celebration and education
- National health care policy reform activism and advocacy through participation in the MAMA Campaign and the multi-stakeholder federal Coalition for Quality Maternity Care
- A renewed commitment to diversity and equality in birth outcomes through Social Justice
Collaboration and networking with Allied Midwifery Organizations:
- Midwifery Education Accreditation Council (MEAC)
- International Center for Traditional Childbearing (ICTC)
- North American Registry of Midwives (NARM)
- National Association of Certified Professinal Midwives (NACPM)
- Association of Midwifery Educators (AME)
- Foundation for the Advancement of Midwifery (FAM)
- Citizens for Midwifery (CfM)
- Ongoing involvement in the Liaison Committee of the American College of Nurse-Midwives and the Midwives Alliance
- Midwives Alliance essential documents for the profession of midwifery:
Midwives Alliance Mission Statement
The Midwives Alliance of North America (MANA) is a professional membership organization that promotes excellence in midwifery, endorses diversity in educational backgrounds and practice styles, and is dedicated to unifying and strengthening the profession, thereby increasing access to quality health care and improving outcomes for women, babies, and families.
Goals of MANA
- To expand communication and support among North American midwives
- To form an identifiable and cohesive organization representing the profession of midwifery on a regional, national, and international basis.
- To promote guidelines for the education of midwives and to assist in the development of midwifery education programs
- To promote research in the field of midwifery as a quality health care option
- To promote and support a woman's right to choose her care provider and place of birth
- To promote public education and midwifery advocacy