Midwives Alliance Membership Comes with Benefits
The Midwives Alliance welcomes all midwives as voting members, as well as all student midwives, other healthcare providers, and consumers. Members of the Midwives Alliance can enjoy the valuable benefits listed below.
- Access to tools for your practice, including liability insurance discounts
- Education to keep your practice uptodate, including subscription discounts to the Journal of Midwifery and Women’s Health
- Resources for your clients, including discounts to Evidence Based Birth
- Opportunities including increased discounts/commission on Pain to Power online childbirth classes
- Build your practice with membersonly listing at mothersnaturally.org
- Discounts to MANA education opportunities, including no separate CEU charge at the annual conference
Log in for details and discount codes in our Members-only Area
Midwifery Matters is a biannual journal published in January and July committed to publishing student and midwife-led research and writing, providing resources to practicing midwives, and fostering a space for dialogue within the midwifery community. Midwifery Matters is published by Birthwise Midwifery School.
Specializing in organic herbs for fertility, pregnancy, birth, postpartum, lactation, and health.
Southern Cross Insurance Solutions home of The Midwife Plan: a Professional and General Liability Insurance policy
designed specifically for Midwives in Home and Birth Center Practices.
The Evidence Based Birth Academy is the online portal for educating professionals about the latest research evidence on childbirth. The Evidence Based Birth® Professional CEU Membership includes 18+ hours of continuing education, monthly live training sessions, our entire library of full-length printer friendly PDFs, and more. evidencebasedbirthacademy.com
Pain to Power: Positively Prepared for Birth
Pain to Power Childbirth's unique online classes offer you and your clients the perfect opportunity to create a memorable, positive, pleasurable birth experience. www.paintopowerchildbirth.com
Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health
The Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health (JMWH) is the official journal of the American College of Nurse-Midwives. This peer-reviewed journal presents new research and current knowledge across a broad range of clinical and interdisciplinary topics including maternity care, gynecology, primary care for women and newborns, public health, health care policy, and global health. www.midwife.org/Journal-of-Midwifery-Women-s-Health
Additionally, as a member of the Midwives Alliance you are promoting the work that supports midwives, women, and babies around the world.
- Preserving the art and science of midwifery,
- Advocating for maternity care policy reform
- Supporting and unifying midwives
- Endorsing a woman-centered maternity care model
- Preserving normal birth practices
- Raising public awareness about the midwifery model of care
- Accessing professional development and continuing education
- Participating in data collection and research on midwifery care in the out of hospital setting
- Addressing disparities for women and babies in maternity care
- Increasing the midwifery workforce to meet the 2020 Challenge
- and more!
We need the support of the midwifery community and advocates to make it all happen! Please help us spread the word to midwives in your community and join together as a team to advance the profession of midwifery and health of mothers, babies, families, and communities.
Any midwife who is a MANA Midwife member in good standing will be listed on the Mothers Naturally referral page unless they request to be excluded from this membership benefit.