Bridge Certificate CEUs at RISE2020
MANA Conference RISE 2020 is pleased to offer sessions with continuing education units including these listed below which also qualify for NARM’s Midwifery Bridge Certificate. NARM’s Midwifery Bridge Certificate is awarded to applicants who have reached 50 accredited approved continuing education contact hours (CEUs/CMEs/CNEs) within the five-year period prior to application. Required continuing education will be based upon identified areas to address emergency skills and the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) competencies.
Look closely as some count for more than one category.
- Vaginal Breech Workshop with David Hayes, MD and Rixa Freeze, PhD 2 – day Pre-conference.
- 12 CEUs count as either category one or category two: Delivery Complications. These sessions are available throughout the month of October for those who have registered for this pre-conference event.
10/27 Breakout Session:
- Trauma and Anxiety in Pregnancy with Sherry Daigle, LM, CPM, MSW qualifies for category three, Perinatal Mood Disorders for Pregnancy
- Physiologic Vaginal Breech w/ Dr. Rixa Freeze counts for either category one or category two, Delivery Complications
- Fetal Auscultation in Labor: When to Pay Attention w/Karen Strange, CM, AAP/NRP falls perfectly into category 2; Fetal Heart Monitoring
10/28 Breakout session:
- Chagas disease – pregnancy based screening for mother and baby , Dr. Morven Edwards, MD is category one eligible for Recognizing and Responding to Complications in Pregnancy
Although the pre-conference has already begun, there is still time to register and hop in on the Vaginal Breech workshop as well as the main conference, which will begin on Tuesday, October 27 at 9:00 a.m. central time with “Breakfast with the Board”. The mission of the Midwives Alliance of North America is to unite, strengthen, support and advocate for the midwifery community and to promote educational, economic, and cultural sustainability of the midwifery profession. In offering this online conference, complete with CEUs, we are doing our best to keep up with the pace of our ever-changing world while being a resource for midwives.